About DR SOORAJ V
Dr Sooraj Vellatt is an experienced physician whose area of excellence is Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Being an experienced endoscopist, he has performed over 5000 upper GI endoscopies and around 2000 lower GI endoscopies (including diagnostic and therapeutic). He has attained great skills in esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, enteroscopy as well as numerous other procedures that are performed via an endoscopic intervention. He also has teaching experience as a lecturer and assistant professor for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. Dr Sooraj is an active participant in various conferences and has contributed research works for publications.
Excellence & Experience
Area of excellence
Level of Experience
- Specialist in Internal Medicine --Dept of Gastroenterology - Badr Al Samaa Group of Hospitals LLC, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman - January 2008 till present.
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Medicine - Digestive Diseases Institute, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India - July 2004 to January 2008
- Consultant in General Medicine - Varma Medical Clinic, Thripunithura, Ernakulam, Kerala, India - December 2003 to June 2004
- Registrar in Internal Medicine - Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences, Kozhikode, Kerala, India - December 2002 to November 2003
- Assistant Surgeon - Department of Health Services, Govt. of Kerala - August 2002 to November 2002
- Resident / Registrar MD in General Medicine - Sheth KM School of Postgraduate Medicine, Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India - July 1999 to July 2002
- Senior House Officer - Sree Uthradom Thirunal hospital Pvt. Ltd., Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - May 1996 to May 1999
- Medical Officer- Clinics in the suburbs of Thiruvananthapuram - December 1995 to May 1996
Awards & Academics
List of awards
- Diplomate of Indian National Board trainee in Medical Gastroenterology, (DNB) - Digestive Diseases Institute, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India - 2007
- Residency - General Medicine (MD) - Sheth K.M School of Postgraduate Medicine, Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Gujarat University , Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 2002
- MBBS - Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India - 1994
Out Patient Timings
The outpatient timings at Badr Al Samaa Hospitals have been planned in such a way that your choice of doctor is available whenever you are free.